thoughts i’ve learned along the way…
1. the more i realize that the image i’ve always had in my mind of my perfect mate and perfect life doesn’t always make the perfect reality.
[Extreme hotness does not necessarily lead to extreme happiness.]
2. the more it feels okay to not have to take a stance or have an opinion about everything.
[try it. it feels pretty good.]
3. life is just a series of choices we make, all day, every day, each with their own costs and benefits.
[when you break it down it doesn't feel so overwhelming.]
4. it’s easier to spot the good ones – the people that matter. the people you want to inspire your life, not corrode it.
[hold onto them.]
5. i try to imagine what the view looks like from someone else’s perspective.
[always shift your lens.]
6. complacency kills creativity.
[stepping outside your comfort zone into a frothing pool of vulnerability will shift things, one way or another.]
7. more often than not, quality will always trump quantity.
[this works for people, time, things, etc.]
8. the less fucks i give.
[doing you and doing you to the best of your ability is what makes a difference. caring about the outside static only compromises your soul and if that's gone, what do we really have to stand on?]
9. even the smallest expectation will always lead to disappointment.
[expectations kill dreams.]
10. perfection doesn’t exist.
11. love isn’t just a feeling, it’s an action.
[you show it.]
12. leave a trail of stars.
[be good to people. do your best work. love hard. take risks. it's the trail of stars we leave as our legacy.]
neko case \\\ ‘in california’ – live at austin city limits 2003
haven’t listened to this song in so long and it brings back a million memories. thanks for the reminder, matt.
“We must take care that everything doesn’t get so dreadfully serious. We must play, but we must play seriously.”
- Hans J. Wegner
pete yorn \\\ ‘don’t wanna cry’
pete yorn for all the feels…